The Montcalm Area Reading Council (MARC) Board of Directors is seeking a candidate to lead the organization as Executive Directive. MARC is a nonprofit, community-based literacy program serving the greater Montcalm County area since 1986. The organization provides customized tutoring to adult learners through trained volunteer tutors.
- Manage and administer day-to-day operations of the organization
- Identify volunteer tutors and potential learners through promotion and community outreach
- Oversee volunteer tutors, coordinate training, and provide ongoing support
- Oversee learner intake and program engagement
- Assist with annual budget development and manage approved revenues and expenditures
- Track program data and create quantitative and qualitative reports for the MARC Board, students, tutors, and financial donors
- Develop and implement fundraising and financial development strategies, in partnership with the Board
- Oversee donor database management
- Seek grant opportunities, manage awards, and complete grant reporting requirements
- Communicate frequently with MARC Board members, learners, tutors, and the Flat River Community Library
- Identify and build strategic partnerships within the community
- Develop and enact a marketing plan to increase public awareness and recognition of MARC’s programs, services, and achievements
- Manage communications and digital presence through website (WordPress), social media, email campaigns, newsletter, annual report, and mailings as necessary
Bachelor in Education, Public Administration or related field
Independent Contractor, Part Time- approximately 25-30 hours per week.
$30,000 – $40,000
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted until December 3, 2021.